Author Topic: V5 Arranging Panes  (Read 2174 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
V5 Arranging Panes
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »
I am using the Release Candidate of PM V5 in Win 7-64 bit.

It seems it is no longer possible, as it was in V4.6.x to rearrange the order of the panes (favorites and navigation). Favorites is always on top. Also, if I resize the panes, the sizes do not seem to be saved, but revert to something else next time I open PM.

Am I missing something or is this normal?

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: V5 Arranging Panes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
Mick,

I am unable to reproduce this issue.  I just moved my Favorites pane to a different location (between the Navigator and the Tasks panes) and sized it the way I wanted each of them to be, quit PM5, and relaunched it.  When PM5 finished launching the panes were in the correct order and were the correct size.

Now, my build is newer than the one you have and I have made some changes to the Workspace persistence so maybe that's why I can't reproduce the problem.

Please evaluate the next build which should be coming soon.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
Will do, Kirk. Thanks!

Mick

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:34:43 AM »
I downloaded and installed the latest release of V5 (build 13100 1a2fe4) and I am still unable to rearrange the order of Task/Navigator/Favorites panes. I can resize them, but when I restart PM they revert to the default sizes. I am running Win 7 64bit Home Premuim SP1.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Mick,

I found out why I couldn't reproduce the problem.  Lately I have been running my main Contact Sheet window in restored mode rather than maximized mode.  The problem only occurs in maximized mode.

I have now fixed the problem and you should see it corrected in Monday's release build.

-Kirk