Author Topic: Show if GPS info added  (Read 12568 times)

Offline Frederic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Show if GPS info added
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
Kirk,

The xmp file was created spontaneously after importing GPS coordinates (screen copy:first date is creation date, second date is modification date, i forgot to capture columns headings).
The rw2 files are straight from the camera (via PM Ingest, just copy without IPTC stationary panel applied), then i have tagged the picture with PM, so the modification date of the rw2 file was changed, which proves that XMP info are -partially- embedded in the raw file. But I have the same behaviour with RW2 files really straight from the camera.
I hope this will help you
I can send you any extra information you need (I am currently supporting/debugging a large software application, so I understand your problems)

Regards
Frederic
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:50:42 AM by fds »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Show if GPS info added
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:31 AM »
Frederic,

The xmp file was created spontaneously after importing GPS coordinates (screen copy:first date is creation date, second date is modification date, i forgot to capture columns headings).
The rw2 files are straight from the camera (via PM Ingest, just copy without IPTC stationary panel applied), then i have tagged the picture with PM, so the modification date of the rw2 file was changed, which proves that XMP info are -partially- embedded in the raw file. But I have the same behaviour with RW2 files really straight from the camera.
I hope this will help you
I can send you any extra information you need (I am currently supporting/debugging a large software application, so I understand your problems)

Can I get a RW2 sample file from you and I'll step through the application of GPS coordinates to your sample and see why PM 5 is generating a sidecar file?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk