Author Topic: Issues getting PM 5.0 to load  (Read 7772 times)

Offline paulamsmith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Issues getting PM 5.0 to load
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
I have just upgraded to PM 5.0 When I click the desktop shortcut icon or try to open the program through the start menu the logo comes up on the screen but the program doesn't open. After 10-15 secs an error message "the parameter is incorrect" appears  behind the logo and the program does not open.

After considerable time of installing and reinstalling to no avail I discovered that by right clicking on the desktop icon and clicking " properties" and then just clicking OK without doing anything the error message would come to the front of the logo. Once I either clicked OK  or closed the error message the program would then load. I had to do this just to register the software and now to open the program

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a PC
Thanks for any help
Paula Smith

Offline StephenEdgar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Issues getting PM 5.0 to load
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Hi Folks,
I am also experiencing the same issue. I installed PM5 (build R13119) yesterday on a Windows 7 machine. Trying to open the program from the Start menu or Desktop icons brings up a " "the parameter is incorrect" error message.
I also would appreciate any help on this frustrating issue,
Thanks in anticipation for a solution,
Stephen Edgar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:28:45 AM »
I have no idea what would be causing this problem to occur for either of you, but it can be tracked down if you're willing to run a logging version of PM 5 for me.  Please let me know if you're willing to participate.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline StephenEdgar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
Hello Kirk,
Thank you for the speedy reply. I am happy to participate in the logging 'procedure'. Just let me know what I need to do (or send).
Best regards
Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
Stephen,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I am happy to participate in the logging 'procedure'. Just let me know what I need to do (or send).

Great.  I'll get you a build later today.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline GSPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
I have the same problem and also once I have opened the program and a contact sheet if I crop a photo and save the cropped version I get the same error message that goes away if I click on it and the photo is saved properly.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
I have the same problem and also once I have opened the program and a contact sheet if I crop a photo and save the cropped version I get the same error message that goes away if I click on it and the photo is saved properly.

I'm not sure I follow.  I understand you're getting 'The parameter is incorrect' on startup.  And I think you're also telling me that somewhere during the Save As process you're seeing the same message come up.  What button are you clicking on prior to seeing the error message box appear?

-Kirk

Offline GSPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »
I CLICK THE S KEY TO SAVE AND AFTER SETTINGS APPEAR AND ARE OK I HIT THE ENTER KEY, AS I DID IN THE PAST WITH OLDER VERSION.  I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE, CLICK  TO CLOSE THE ERROR MESSAGE AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS OK.
I AM USING WINDOWS 7 64 BIT ON PC.
PM 5 DOES NOT RECONIZE ALL MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES WHICH ARE ALL WESTERN DIGITAL I BOOKS FROM 1 TO 2 TB. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:40:41 PM by GSPHOTO »

Offline paulamsmith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »
I too will run a "logging version" of PM5 to help resolve this issue. Just let me know what I need to do.

FYI I successfully installed PM5 on my laptop which is also running Win 7 but 32 bits instead of 64

Sorry for the delay in responding but I was away from my computer yesterday

Paula

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
This problem should now be fixed.

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=7679.0