Author Topic: PM 5 crash and Stationary pad glitch  (Read 4319 times)

Offline vasha

• View Profile
PM 5 crash and Stationary pad glitch
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I had a freeze in the 5.0 13119 release - I had three folders open with about 800 Canon CR2s in one folder and 5 images in another, with 40 or so in the folder I was closing when the program locked up - I'm attaching the report sent to Apple and the PM log file in case it is helpful or exposes an issue.
This was on a MacBook Pro 17" late 2011 2.4GHz 4GB RAM machine with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion running (also had Word, Excel, Safari, Camino and Photoshop 6 running).

The second thing I wanted to report is a small visual glitch I saw in the IPTC Stationary pad (see the screen capture I put in with the two log files) - the way to make that happen is to put text that exceeds the space in the box and then use arrow keys to zip over to the end of the line - you get those weird squiggles. I've been able to do that a number of times, so I thought I'd give you a heads up - it doesn't cause any problems I am aware of, it just gives a strange look.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 5 crash and Stationary pad glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
Vasha,

Looking at the report, it looks like a crash occurred but something in the system tried to catch it and keep PM running.  This may be new to Mountain Lion, I don't know yet.

Was a crash report generated (when you re-ran PM did you get prompted to send in a crash report?)

Regarding the cosmetic issue, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
Yes a crash report was generated for apple - that was included in the zip file wasn't it? It comes up when you force quit the program.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
The cosmetic issue with scrolling text fields should now be fixed.

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=7679.0

-Kirk