Author Topic: Cut & Paste in IPTC Image Data?  (Read 4614 times)

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
Cut & Paste in IPTC Image Data?
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:27:18 AM »
I needed to send a copy of an IPTC caption to an editor who is IPTC challenged. I pulled up the image and clicked the "I" and got the IPTC menu. I then selected the caption data but there was no right click dropdown menu nor access to an "edit" menu to copy the data.  I finally saved the IPTC data to a file and edited the file but Cut & Paste would have been much nicer/easier.

Kirk, I am still recovering computer-wise which is why I haven't responded to your offer.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cut & Paste in IPTC Image Data?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:13:17 AM »
I needed to send a copy of an IPTC caption to an editor who is IPTC challenged. I pulled up the image and clicked the "I" and got the IPTC menu. I then selected the caption data but there was no right click dropdown menu nor access to an "edit" menu to copy the data.  I finally saved the IPTC data to a file and edited the file but Cut & Paste would have been much nicer/easier.

Kirk, I am still recovering computer-wise which is why I haven't responded to your offer.   

Ctrl-C should copy any selected text in the IPTC dialogs.  It should work in all applications in Windows.  (Mac users can use Command-C to copy selected text.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
Re: Cut & Paste in IPTC Image Data?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:34:51 PM »
D'oh! Thanks ... I never use keyboard shortcuts for some reason and it just didn't occur to me.