Author Topic: Upgrade Clarification Required  (Read 2849 times)

Offline joshuacorp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upgrade Clarification Required
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
Can I please get some clarification on the Upgrade eligibilty as it  isnt all that clearwithin my profile.

1) Does the upgrade price only apply to those who have purchased PM4.5 within the last 12 month?

2)Does the new license price to those who puchased PM over 12 months ago or for a new user?

Thanks.

Mark
NZ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upgrade Clarification Required
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
Mark,

Can I please get some clarification on the Upgrade eligibility as it  isn't all that clear within my profile.

1) Does the upgrade price only apply to those who have purchased PM4.5 within the last 12 month?

2)Does the new license price to those who purchased PM over 12 months ago or for a new user?

As long as you have a valid license of any Photo Mechanic Version 4.x, you can upgrade at the $80 sale price, and after the sale is over for the $90 upgrade price.

New licenses are only needed if you are adding a new user or have a version 3 or earlier (which means you purchased in 2003 or earlier).

-Kirk

Offline joshuacorp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
Thanks for the Clarification Kirk. Appreciate it.

Offline JHJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
I wish I had found this earlier. I have PM4 and tried to purchase PM5 but the price was 130 so I thought I wasn't eligible for the upgrade. I then decided to purchase LR for the catalog feature. I guess I will keep on using PM4 even though PM5 is better.

JJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
I wish I had found this earlier. I have PM4 and tried to purchase PM5 but the price was 130 so I thought I wasn't eligible for the upgrade. I then decided to purchase LR for the catalog feature. I guess I will keep on using PM4 even though PM5 is better.

I'm sorry to hear that.

-Kirk

Offline JHJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
I was kinda aggravated with the sales page but what is done is done. I look forward to seeing the PM Catalog feature. You all do great work.

JJ

Offline Cycleboy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

As long as you have a valid license of any Photo Mechanic Version 4.x, you can upgrade at the $80 sale price, and after the sale is over for the $90 upgrade

-Kirk

But where can I buy the upgrade? Can't find any possibility in my account.

Werner

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
Do you still have the email that was sent to you when you purchased your license?  If you need assistance, please contact sales@camerabits.com with as much detail as you can about your issue and if you can, put your Registration info into your email to them so they can look up your license information.

The sales department will verify eligibility, and if you are eligible they will help you complete your order with the upgrade pricing.

-Kirk