Author Topic: Mac send to email glitch  (Read 1467 times)

Offline vasha

• View Profile
Mac send to email glitch
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
Kirk,
I have seen this a few times in the past few days - it is intermittent but happening more than once in a while. When I go to send pix via email (and convert them to web sized images as the emails are ment to be a preview while I upload the full sized images via FTP) I get the error message you see in the attached jpgs (where it should say the size of the email, it instead says Resizing/Null). When this happens once, it then happens again with the same photos. And when it happens you can't close Apple Mail's window with the offending images so you have to force quit Mail. After two or three tries, when you reopen mail it opens up with a version of the email saved as a draft, and the draft can be sent (the only workaround I have found that gets an email out of the desired images when the error occurs). Since Mountain Lion is so new I'm betting it is a new Mac OS issue with Mail, but perhaps it could be a glitch in PM 5 exacerbated by the new Mail version?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mac send to email glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
Vasha,

I haven't changed any of the AppleScript code that tells Apple Mail to create email messages and attach images to them in a long time.  I'd suspect it is a bug in Apple Mail.

-Kirk