Author Topic: Problem with color marking images on card  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Gregory

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with color marking images on card
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
Hi!
After relaunching it works! Thank you, Kirk!!! 

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:36 AM »
Alessandro,

I'm sorry that happened to you.  Now that you have set your preference and have by now quit and relaunched PM 5, your edits should now write to the card.

The next build of PM 5 won't have this issue where changing the setting doesn't immediately take effect.

unfortunately my English is very bad. I haven't understood if the problem it will resolve in a next relese or not.

The next build should work fine.

But even the current build will work fine if you just quit PM and start it up again.  Try it for yourself.  Insert a card and edit a few photos.  Unmount the card.  Insert the card again.  View the photos.  The changes you made should now be there.

-Kirk

Sorry Kirk but...... doesn't work. I work in this way: I shooting a photo; I insert the card in a card reader; I open PM5; I choose a photo to send at the agency; I click cmd/+ in so doing I tagged the photo. I click "fn/f3" to look a photo tagged and after I write in the IPTC. After this, I click cmd/u to send the photo in FTP mode. I eject a card and I shooting again. I repeat this many times yet but..... If I insert again a card previously worked, EVERY EDIT THEY ARE LOST. :-[ :-[ :-[  Every write in IPTC, every tagged photo ( cmd/+ ) and every color class have disappeared. in PM4 was not so!

Have you done what I have asked?  Set the preference to write to the card, agree to the warning message.  OK the Preferences dialog.  Quit PM.  Launch PM again.  Insert a camera card.  Change the tag on a single photo.  Eject the card.  Insert the same card.  Look at that one image.  Did the tag stick or is it gone?

Please follow these simple instructions and let me know if the problem still occurs.  If it still occurs then we've got more work to do.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Kirk, I hope you can forgive me. I hadn't change the preference. Please, forgive me. Now, everything is back to normal. Tanks a lot.
Alessandro

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »
Thanks for following up, both of you.

The bug that will be fixed in the next build is that you won't have to quit and relaunch PM 5 in order for your preference to take effect.

-Kirk