Author Topic: PM5 GUI  (Read 5269 times)

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5 GUI
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
Sorry if this has been dealt with previously, but is there a way to change the dialog boxes and navigator from gray on dark gray to user friendly black on white? This looks like a design choice from another century by a 20 year old with perfect eyesight. I can barely read the new setup, it's very difficult and needs hugely increased concentration, especially on the small MBP 13 inch screen out on location, let alone the 30 inch screen in the studio.

Otherwise, V5 seems like a snappier performer than 4.XX version with great new features.

Thanks, Paul Wright

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 GUI
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
Paul,

Sorry if this has been dealt with previously, but is there a way to change the dialog boxes and navigator from gray on dark gray to user friendly black on white? This looks like a design choice from another century by a 20 year old with perfect eyesight. I can barely read the new setup, it's very difficult and needs hugely increased concentration, especially on the small MBP 13 inch screen out on location, let alone the 30 inch screen in the studio.

Yes.  In the Accessibility section of the Preferences there is an option to use a lighter UI for dialogs.

-Kirk

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »
Hmm, I can't see that option. I'm using the PC version.

Paul Wright

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:19 PM »
Paul,

Hmm, I can't see that option. I'm using the PC version.

Sorry.  That option is not yet available on the Windows version (still working on it).  You had mentioned a Mac Book Pro so I assumed you were on Mac OS X.

I should have asked what OS you were running.

-Kirk

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »
OK thanks for that Kirk. I'll check it out on the MBP and wait for the update for my PC. Soon please!

-Paul Wright

Offline Gasport

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:59:04 AM »
Added question on this option.  I have it checked but when I open PM5, I get the dark grey main window with black lettering.  This is also hard to read on my iMac 27" (old eyes).  Is there a way to change this similar to the way you can change Lightroom's background color?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
Added question on this option.  I have it checked but when I open PM5, I get the dark grey main window with black lettering.  This is also hard to read on my iMac 27" (old eyes).  Is there a way to change this similar to the way you can change Lightroom's background color?

Only the dialogs can be made lighter.  Not the main UI.  If you want to make the dialogs lighter:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=7588.msg35904#msg35904

-Kirk

Offline Gasport

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »
Not good.  I will send in a suggestion for an enhancement.... >:(

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:39 AM »
By editing the contact sheet preferences you can make the main contact sheet much lighter.

This is mine, which is as close as I could get it to my old PM4 settings.

[attachment deleted by admin]