Author Topic: Additional files appear on CD burned with PM  (Read 5888 times)

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Additional files appear on CD burned with PM
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:21:54 PM »
I just burned the content of a folder to two CDs. On the finished CDs there are files (Word, Excel) now which should not be on there. The root folder just contains photo data (TIF, JPEG) and none of these Word and Excel files.
The workflow: select all via apple key+a > apple key+b > "you have selected 107 photos to burn which use 982 MB of disc space..." > after proofing the finished CDs I find on both Excel and Word files that were not content of the folder at all, not even in the parent folder.
I tried a second attempt to burn the photos with PM, but the Excel and Word files appeared again on both CDs.  :(
I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9 and PM 4.4.3.3.

Thanks for any help,
HM 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Additional files appear on CD burned with PM
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »
HM,

I just burned the content of a folder to two CDs. On the finished CDs there are files (Word, Excel) now which should not be on there. The root folder just contains photo data (TIF, JPEG) and none of these Word and Excel files.
The workflow: select all via apple key+a > apple key+b > "you have selected 107 photos to burn which use 982 MB of disc space..." > after proofing the finished CDs I find on both Excel and Word files that were not content of the folder at all, not even in the parent folder.
I tried a second attempt to burn the photos with PM, but the Excel and Word files appeared again on both CDs.  :(

It is likely that you have, in the past, chosen those files to be included on the disc.  You do this with the "Additional files" button.  You can use that button to remove the files from the list.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 08:51:25 AM »
HM,

It is likely that you have, in the past, chosen those files to be included on the disc.  You do this with the "Additional files" button.  You can use that button to remove the files from the list.

HTH,

-Kirk

Kirk,
yes, that's right. I looked beyond that "additional files" button and there where still some files from a previous session.
As these files are not visible, can you change the "additional files" list to be empty by default after the files have been burned?
Thanks,
HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 09:00:52 AM »
HM,

HM,

Kirk,
yes, that's right. I looked beyond that "additional files" button and there where still some files from a previous session.
As these files are not visible, can you change the "additional files" list to be empty by default after the files have been burned?

I think that would irritate users that want their additional files to always be there.  I for one would not like to have to go adding files each and every time I wanted to burn a disc.

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:08:44 AM »
Hello Kirk,

HM,

HM,

Kirk,

I think that would irritate users that want their additional files to always be there.  I for one would not like to have to go adding files each and every time I wanted to burn a disc.

-Kirk

for which purpose would one like to have the same files there everytime you burn a CD? What files would that be?
At least to have an indicator in the burn-dialog that shows which aditional files there are would be good.

Thanks&regards,
HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:20:52 AM »
Hello Kirk,

HM,

HM,

Kirk,

-Kirk

for which purpose would one like to have the same files there everytime you burn a CD? What files would that be?
At least to have an indicator in the burn-dialog that shows which aditional files there are would be good.

For instance: a usage rights document would be something a lot of photographers would put on each and every disc that they burn.

I'll look into adding an indicator that additional files will be burned.

-Kirk

Offline sjhein

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »
Kirk,

This should probably go in "suggestions", but I would like to see the CD burning feature enhanced to show a tree of directories and files that will be burned that is displayed to allow confirmation prior to starting the burn process.  This would be particularly useful to catch these "additional files" issues as well as to confirm that you have successfully included the files from multiple folders.

-Scott