Author Topic: Remove image tags during card ingest  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Remove image tags during card ingest
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:11:07 AM »
Could a way be designed to remove image tags during ingest?

I tag my pics in camera, and do "delete all" in camera to get rid of all the pics I don't want whilst shooting sports.  I then have a disk with a bunch of pics to ingest that are all already tagged.  The reason for this request is that when I'm at soccer matches being remotely edited, the editors are slowed down by having to untag all my pics when they receive them.  I've told them to just do "ctrl a" then "ctrl -" to select all pics in a folder and untag them, but this slows them down and sometimes they forget, so it interrupts their workflow.

So I'm wondering if a drop down menu can be created by "filter files" in the ingest window or howbout a box that can be checked that would say something like "remove image tags during ingest".

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Remove image tags during card ingest
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 01:14:07 AM »
Sounds a reasonable request to support it!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:46:08 AM »
*BUMP* :)

Two years on from posting this thread and am at the Olympics with our agency's photo editors still complaining about this problem when going through our disks.

We are really pleased with the new features on PM5 but cannot find if there a way to untag all in the ingest window - or somewhere else in preferences?

My suggestion would be to have an "Untag All During Ingest" checkbox beneath the "Unmount Source Disk(s) after Ingest" check box on the bottom right hand-side of the Ingest window.

Many thanks for listening and all the new improvements,

Matt

Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:55:44 AM »
Hi Matt!

You can use the IPTC Stationary Pad.
There is the option to set ratings, start and tag/untag images.

See screenshot (Mac-version)

Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.4.1
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
Great suggestion Sven!

Just have them apply a "local" IPTC Stationary Pad during Ingest that has the option set to Untagged.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 04:27:09 AM »
Thanks Sven,

Sorry for not replying back sooner - I had an initial look when you first posted and couldn't work out how to do your suggestion, which is so seemingly something so simple.

Just been able to sit down and work out that in my company's installation of the software on our macs the technicians must have turned the feature off in the IPTC stationary pad.

In case anybody else has the same problem:

Go to PM Preferences - Accessibility - Customize IPTC Stationary - Then in the top box that's called "Left Side" scroll down to the bottom of the "Field" and "Field Label" choices where you will see "Tag"- Make sure the boxes for "Enable" and "Visible" are both checked (mine weren't) and then when you come out of Preferences and open up the IPTC stationary pad again you will see in the bottom left a "Tag" option has appeared where you can choose "Untagged" if when you ingest you want PM to untag all the images you tagged in camera. 

This in my case would be every file left on the CF card as I tag every file I want to keep and keep doing erase all to get rid of everything else.  It's particularly useful with the new Canon 1DX's if you hammer away at 12FPS and end up with a lot of similar looking pictures.

Thanks to Kirk and the PM staff for integrating all these great new features into PM5 :)