Author Topic: Magic Lantern and Ingest  (Read 3636 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
Magic Lantern and Ingest
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »
I've just installed and am enjoying using Magic Lantern (2.3) on my 5D Mark II. As you know, ML uses files installed on the memory card and needs them to be there all the time. Is there a way of ignoring those files so that only image files are ingested?
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Magic Lantern and Ingest
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
I've just installed and am enjoying using Magic Lantern (2.3) on my 5D Mark II. As you know, ML uses files installed on the memory card and needs them to be there all the time. Is there a way of ignoring those files so that only image files are ingested?

Not without changes to Photo Mechanic.  What are the files that need to be ignored?

-Kirk

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
Re: Magic Lantern and Ingest
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »
Hi Kirk- I see a work-around. I only shoot RAW and if you set the Ingest option under Filter files to "Copy RAW photos only" it will ignore the ML files. If you have it set to "Copy Raw and non-Raw photos", it ingests the ML files as well. ML includes files with .fir, .pdf, .dat, .bin, .cpg, .cfg, .lut, .tra, .bmh and one with no suffix. It does have a few .bmp files which are of course image files and would be a problem to filter out.
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build