Author Topic: Bug in IPTC Snapshot Copy and Paste  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Riton

• View Profile
Bug in IPTC Snapshot Copy and Paste
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:51:08 AM »
I found a bug when taking a IPTC Snapshot of one pix in a contact-sheet and copy-paste it to the other shots in the same contact-sheet : the Headline window of the first shot in the IPTC is originally blank but when taking a snapshot and paste it on the other shots this Headline window doesnt stay blank but retains a text I had in it before blanking it.!!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug in IPTC Snapshot Copy and Paste
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:40:08 AM »
I found a bug when taking a IPTC Snapshot of one pix in a contact-sheet and copy-paste it to the other shots in the same contact-sheet : the Headline window of the first shot in the IPTC is originally blank but when taking a snapshot and paste it on the other shots this Headline window doesnt stay blank but retains a text I had in it before blanking it.!!!!

IPTC snapshots never apply blank fields.  They never have.

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
So I suppose that the only workaround is to make a new IPTC Pad stationary and apply it instaed of using the Snapshot mode when you want to remove text in a IPTC field ????

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
So I suppose that the only workaround is to make a new IPTC Pad stationary and apply it instaed of using the Snapshot mode when you want to remove text in a IPTC field ????

That, or use the IPTC Info Panel to clear out the field(s). You access the IPTC Info panel, either by pressing the "I" button on the image, or the "I" key on your keyboard. Using the CMD-] and CMD-[ and other navigator keys you can actually go through a large number of images in a short time this way. The advantage being that now you can see what you are changing :)

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl