Author Topic: Unlock Photos on Ingest  (Read 2413 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Unlock Photos on Ingest
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:23:28 AM »
Hi

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13057 (acc29f8) and I run Mac OS X 10.7.4 on my Intel-based Mac.

Previously, when I selected "Copy locked photos only" on the ingest screen. PM would copy the read-only marked photos from my memory card as expected. PM would also Unlock the photos on the card meaning that the next time I ingested, and still had "copy locked photos only" selected, it wouldn't upload the same photos twice.

Can you tell me where this setting is in PM that unlocks the photos on the disk as they are ingested?

Thanks
-Tommy

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Unlock Photos on Ingest
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »
Anyone?

I have rephrased the question in case it wasn't clear.

Previously, when I selected "Copy locked photos only" on the ingest screen. PM would ingest only the "locked" (or read only) photos from my memory card as expected. In addition, PM would also Unlock each successfully ingested photo on the card meaning that the next time I ingested, and still had "copy locked photos only" selected, it wouldn't upload the same photos twice.

Can you tell me if there is a preference setting is in PM that controls this behavior? I would like to switch it back on.
PM no longer unlockes photos it ingests as it ingests them. This was very handy

Thanks 

Hi

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13057 (acc29f8) and I run Mac OS X 10.7.4 on my Intel-based Mac.

Previously, when I selected "Copy locked photos only" on the ingest screen. PM would copy the read-only marked photos from my memory card as expected. PM would also Unlock the photos on the card meaning that the next time I ingested, and still had "copy locked photos only" selected, it wouldn't upload the same photos twice.

Can you tell me where this setting is in PM that unlocks the photos on the disk as they are ingested?

Thanks
-Tommy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unlock Photos on Ingest
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
Tommy,

I have rephrased the question in case it wasn't clear.

Previously, when I selected "Copy locked photos only" on the ingest screen. PM would ingest only the "locked" (or read only) photos from my memory card as expected. In addition, PM would also Unlock each successfully ingested photo on the card meaning that the next time I ingested, and still had "copy locked photos only" selected, it wouldn't upload the same photos twice.

Can you tell me if there is a preference setting is in PM that controls this behavior? I would like to switch it back on.
PM no longer unlockes photos it ingests as it ingests them. This was very handy

I don't think PM 4 ever unlocked the images on the card.  I think you had the 'Incremental Ingest' checkbox turned on before and now 'Incremental Ingest' is turned off.  Try turning it back on in PM 5.

HTH,

-Kirk