Author Topic: creating stationary pad info  (Read 1529 times)

Offline redshoesgirl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • gallery
creating stationary pad info
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
photo mechanic version 5, mac OS 10.6, macbook pro

i can add info using the information button, but don't seem to be able to apply that info to all images selected. when i save the info, i give the file a name - it is coming up as an xmp files and not iptc — are they the same thing?

after i save info for one image, i select a series of other images that will need the same info, click on "load" and expect that that information will be added to all the photos selected. but nothing is added.

also, after i load the xmp data, when i try just clicking on apply stationary pad, nothing at all comes up in the fields.

i looked through the forum and didn't find this specific question. i am sure i am missing a step or doing things in the wrong order. can someone just tell me which buttons to click in which order?! i am pretty confused.

thanks so much,

lara
"We spend our days, each one of us, in looking for the secret of life. Well, the secret of life is in art."

— Oscar Wilde

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: creating stationary pad info
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »
Lara,

photo mechanic version 5, mac OS 10.6, macbook pro

i can add info using the information button, but don't seem to be able to apply that info to all images selected. when i save the info, i give the file a name - it is coming up as an xmp files and not iptc — are they the same thing?

after i save info for one image, i select a series of other images that will need the same info, click on "load" and expect that that information will be added to all the photos selected. but nothing is added.

also, after i load the xmp data, when i try just clicking on apply stationary pad, nothing at all comes up in the fields.

i looked through the forum and didn't find this specific question. i am sure i am missing a step or doing things in the wrong order. can someone just tell me which buttons to click in which order?! i am pretty confused.

Are you perhaps using the IPTC Info dialog instead of the IPTC Stationery Pad?  The IPTC Info shows a thumbnail of the image you're working on and the IPTC Stationery Pad shows no image.  The IPTC Info dialog comes up by clicking on the 'i' button that appears when you hover your mouse over an image.  The IPTC Stationery Pad is accessed via the Image menu (Command-I).

Use the IPTC Info dialog when you want to change fields on a specific image.  Use the IPTC Stationery Pad when you want to apply the same field changes on a selection of images.

Does that answer your questions?

-Kirk

Offline redshoesgirl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • gallery
Re: creating stationary pad info
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »
yes, thank you so much.
"We spend our days, each one of us, in looking for the secret of life. Well, the secret of life is in art."

— Oscar Wilde