Author Topic: IPTC-Data lost  (Read 2293 times)

Offline powerpixx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC-Data lost
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Hi there!

I'm glad that version 5 is out.

But I have a big problem. When I am attaching my CF-Card and working on that card (no ingest) and write description in the IPTC-Data. After a crop I try to save the picture and apply the crop, all of the IPTC-Data is lost.

Can anyone help me.

Yours
Wolfgang

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC-Data lost
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
Wolfgang,

But I have a big problem. When I am attaching my CF-Card and working on that card (no ingest) and write description in the IPTC-Data. After a crop I try to save the picture and apply the crop, all of the IPTC-Data is lost.

You should always Ingest first.  PM 5 currently doesn't allow writes to the card.  Some folks tell us that working on the card is critical to their workflow so we may add a preference to return to the old behavior.

If you copy or ingest after making your changes, they should end up at the destination, and I'm surprised that Save As didn't maintain your metadata captions.

-Kirk

Offline powerpixx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »
Thanks for the immediate answer.

I am used to work on the card, but I will hopefully manage to change my workflow. I would much appreciate it if you are going to restore the possibility to work on the card.

I love PM anyway.

Yours Wolfgang

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:40:43 AM »
Does PM (Version 5.0, build 15800 (e6ecc1c) ) currently allow writing on the card ?

-Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:56 AM »
Yes it does, but you have to explicitly tell PM you want to do this in the preferences. By default this setting is disabled.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl