Author Topic: V5.0 - Grid & RGB readouts?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
V5.0 - Grid & RGB readouts?
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »
V5.0 seems like a pretty solid upgrade but a couple of feature requests that have been studiously ignored by the developers are the inclusion of a couple of important Preview items, namely the often requested RGB readout and the option of dropping a grid on the image. Are these super useful options being considered for a near future update? The valid reasons for these features have been repeatedly discussed for years on this list.

-Paul Wright

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: V5.0 - Grid & RGB readouts?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
Paul,

Please post links to the threads where these two features were originally requested.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: V5.0 - Grid & RGB readouts?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
Hah! Search doesn't find any reference to these items. Even putting "RGB" in the search field showed nothing other than my own post. Hasn't RGB ever been mentioned on this list? It's clearly my faulty memory or low powered Search.

All right! So it's a fresh topic. A feature request! I know this was discussed in the leadup to V5.0. Not to worry.

Plenty of photographers shoot tethered, and feed those images straight into PM, often via EOS Utility. The usefulness of a grid overlay and RGB readout and focus point in Preview mode cannot be underestimated. Even PC-only Breezebrowser Pro offers these useful three functions.

While assessing a file it's clumsy needing to refer to Grid & RGB readouts back in the clunky Canon software, then toggle back to PM 5.0.

The usefulness of these functions is not restricted to the tethered shooting environment, the information helps hugely during rapid assessment and sorting/ranking of a large shoot.

PM V5.0.1? Big please?

-Paul Wright