Author Topic: crop - pixels lost / size does not match to the ratio  (Read 6460 times)

Offline ThomasJ

• Newcomer
  • sports photographer from Germany
    • View Profile
    • sports photo gallery
crop - pixels lost / size does not match to the ratio
« on: August 25, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »
Hi,
I didn't found a topic, therefore it looks like that I'm the only one, who gets the wrong picture size after using the crop tool.
What do I wrong?

If I put the crop ratio to 3:2 and adjust the image size to 3000 pixels in the "save as" window, the saved pictures haven't get the correct image size 3000x2000, but something like 3000x1999, 2002x3000 or 3000x1996.
In the 4.6er version it worked well.
I did not rotate the image! In that case I would accept that a few pixels are lost. The image is then completely recalculated. But in ordinary use of the tool as in 4.6.9, I expect the right size. For private use it is ok, but I have to send the pictures to an agency, and they want the minimum size of 3000x2000.  :(
At the moment I save myself and I set the size to 3002. More pixels don't worry the agency.  ;)

Maybe you could take a look on the rounded function, when the picture size is recalculated.  It would be great, you could fix it. :)

Kind regards,
Thomas
Mediendienste TJ / media service TJ
http://www.mediendienste-tj.de/galerie/index.php

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: crop - pixels lost / size does not match to the ratio
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
Thomas,

I didn't found a topic, therefore it looks like that I'm the only one, who gets the wrong picture size after using the crop tool.

If I put the crop ratio to 3:2 and adjust the image size to 3000 pixels in the "save as" window, the saved pictures haven't get the correct image size 3000x2000, but something like 3000x1999, 2002x3000 or 3000x1996.
In the 4.6er version it worked well.
I did not rotate the image! In that case I would accept that a few pixels are lost. The image is then completely recalculated. But in ordinary use of the tool as in 4.6.9, I expect the right size. For private use it is ok, but I have to send the pictures to an agency, and they want the minimum size of 3000x2000.  :(
At the moment I save myself and I set the size to 3002. More pixels don't worry the agency.  ;)

Maybe you could take a look on the rounded function, when the picture size is recalculated.  It would be great, you could fix it. :)

Can I get a sample image and save as settings (Save As snapshot) that reproduces the problem?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ThomasJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • sports photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
Hi Kirk,

here are the files: preferences and pictures.

Thomas

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ThomasJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • sports photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I can't attach a file to the private message therefore I upload the examples here. :-)

The problem is caused by a crop in portrait orientation from a picture in landscape orientation or vice versa. If crop and picture have the same orientation, it works.

Kind regards,
Thomas

[attachment deleted by admin]