Author Topic: graphical file-order change/light table  (Read 5434 times)

Offline glyons

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
graphical file-order change/light table
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:47 AM »
I would like to have the ability to change the image order of a folder just by moving them around in the contact sheet viewer.  I often shoot a variety of image subjects from one viewpoint.  Viewing them based on capture time is a really nice feature but can cause non-similar images to be in alternating order.  It would be nice to first view the images based on capture time and then to be able to rearrange them with drag-and-drop to a custom file order before renaming the files for cataloguing.
  Incorporating this into a light-table feature that someone else suggested would be a very useful tool for evaluating and editing projects.
  Thanks for listening.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: graphical file-order change/light table
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:29:07 PM »
I would like to have the ability to change the image order of a folder just by moving them around in the contact sheet viewer.  I often shoot a variety of image subjects from one viewpoint.  Viewing them based on capture time is a really nice feature but can cause non-similar images to be in alternating order.  It would be nice to first view the images based on capture time and then to be able to rearrange them with drag-and-drop to a custom file order before renaming the files for cataloguing.

This is coming in version 4.5...

-Kirk

Offline mcg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: graphical file-order change/light table
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 06:19:09 PM »
This is coming in version 4.5...

This is fantastic news, we regularly need the ability to do this, sort by capture time is just too restrictive for story telling sequences.