Author Topic: Variable for Status "Title/Object Name" ?  (Read 2937 times)

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Variable for Status "Title/Object Name" ?
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
Hi!
I have received a couple of files that have been tagged with Microsoft Photogallery and the text appears in PM5 under Status in the "Title/Object Name" field. I now want to transfer this content to the Caption field by using a variable there. But either {title} or {object} fails to do that. Is there another variable I overlooked?

Thanks,

HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable for Status "Title/Object Name" ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
I have received a couple of files that have been tagged with Microsoft Photogallery and the text appears in PM5 under Status in the "Title/Object Name" field. I now want to transfer this content to the Caption field by using a variable there. But either {title} or {object} fails to do that. Is there another variable I overlooked?

Can you post one sample image here?

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
Hello Kirk,

here is one of these files treated with MS Photo Gallery or did you mean a screenshot of my PM5 window?

Cheers,
HM

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
here is one of these files treated with MS Photo Gallery or did you mean a screenshot of my PM5 window?

What you sent me was just what I needed.  Use {object} in the Caption field of the IPTC Stationery Pad and apply it to your photo.  I did exactly that and the text appeared in the Caption field.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:22:14 AM »
Thanks so much Kirk for your quick help! That worked. Don't know why it wouldn't do it in the first attempt.

Cheers,
HM