Author Topic: Second Disk ingest issue  (Read 7955 times)

Offline Doorgunner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Second Disk ingest issue
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
I have PM v5....and when I input my second CF card, it won't read.....I have to completely reboot my laptop to get that read....
Please to advise....
Thanks, Doorgunner :-\

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Second Disk ingest issue
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
I have PM v5....and when I input my second CF card, it won't read.....I have to completely reboot my laptop to get that read....

What OS are you running?

Does the disk show up on your desktop?

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
I have the same problem. If I ingest one card it works fine, when I start to ingest a second card it stop partially through the card. If I close PM5 in between ingesting cards and reopen it it works fine. I'm on OS 10.8.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »
Nigel,

I have the same problem. If I ingest one card it works fine, when I start to ingest a second card it stop partially through the card. If I close PM5 in between ingesting cards and reopen it it works fine. I'm on OS 10.8.1

If you view the card in the Finder and look at its directory contents, does it have on what you expect?

How are you unmounting the card?

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
The cards when viewed in finder are what I expect to see, and it's also shown on the desktop and I unmount by dragging the card to the trash can.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
Nigel,

The cards when viewed in finder are what I expect to see, and it's also shown on the desktop and I unmount by dragging the card to the trash can.

On your second card ingest, do you receive errors, or does the ingest complete but not all of your files are copied?

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
It usually stops ingesting the images around a third of the way through the card and stalls, I have to force quit PM5 and restart it and re ingest the images. I also have to watch the numbering sequence as when I force quit PM5 I lose the saved data.

Offline Doorgunner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »
I am running Win 7, 64-bit, 8 g ram, and a snappy SSD...
It could be some option I chose or didn't choose, but on prior editions of PM I could always read successive CF cards....now I have to reboot.
Is there some procedure I am not doing???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
I am running Win 7, 64-bit, 8 g ram, and a snappy SSD...
It could be some option I chose or didn't choose, but on prior editions of PM I could always read successive CF cards....now I have to reboot.

You have to reboot your computer?

What kind of card reader are you using?

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
I deleted and re installed PM5 and I'm still having the same issue on a second card ingest. I'm having to ingest a card and then close and reopen PM5 each time I want to ingest an additional card, this seems the only way around the issue I'm having.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »
Nigel,

I deleted and re installed PM5 and I'm still having the same issue on a second card ingest. I'm having to ingest a card and then close and reopen PM5 each time I want to ingest an additional card, this seems the only way around the issue I'm having.

Can you post a JPEG screenshot of the Ingest progress dialog showing the 'hang' or error?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »
Kirk, we have figured this out. I just spoke to someone over the phone and we checked the Unmount Source Disk(s) After Ingest option on the bottom right of the ingest screen and now multiple cards are ingesting and unmounting without an issue.

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
I thought I had it figured out but no PM5 is still stalling when I ingest a second card. I'm having to quit PM5 in between each card ingest and restart it for each card I ingest, also sometimes the sequential numbering does not advance (I end up with a bunch of files with the same number sequence)

I'm not sure what to try next to cure this issue.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »
I thought I had it figured out but no PM5 is still stalling when I ingest a second card. I'm having to quit PM5 in between each card ingest and restart it for each card I ingest, also sometimes the sequential numbering does not advance (I end up with a bunch of files with the same number sequence)

I'm not sure what to try next to cure this issue.

I suggest calling the same person tomorrow and continuing with your support issue.

-Kirk