Author Topic: Total metadata control  (Read 4135 times)

Offline glyons

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Total metadata control
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »
It would be nice to be able to have complete metadata management built into PM.  With growing concerns for security for many reasons, it would be nice to be able to strip all meta data from image files and then be able to replace only a user selected group of metadata fields.  Your current IPTC control is great and we use it to embed a lot of useful data for our database uses.  The problem is when we make these files available to the public that we would like the file to have some of the data but not other pieces of info.  The idea would be to add an export tool to PM that would batch process image files to remove all metadata and then replace a user-selected number of fields.
  We would process our images with PM and embed all metadata.  These images would be in a secure internal library on our private network.  When we need to distribute these images from our library we could take our selection and process them through PM.  PM would take a file and copy from the metadata only the fields we select and place this data in a buffer/clipboard.  PM would completely strip all metadata (including all data created cameras or other software applications, thumbnails, even metadata that PM doesn't normally use) from the file.  Then PM would take the data being held in the buffer/clipboard and reapply it to the proper IPTC fields.  This would create a file that has had all the metadata "zeroed" out and would then contain only user-selected data.

Offline glyons

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Total metadata control
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
Me again.

I have found some scripts and applications around on the web that strip metadata that even integrate into Photoshop CS/CS2 but I haven't found one that will allow you to select certain fields to preserve or paste back after the metadata has been stripped.
  If there is something like this out there you are aware of I would love to know about it.  Even so, we really like your product and use it quite a bit and it would be great if this kind of thing was integrated into one solution like PM.
Thanks,
g