Author Topic: Filmstrip behavior and customization in 'zoom' view  (Read 3574 times)

Offline random

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filmstrip behavior and customization in 'zoom' view
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
Hi,
I didn't find this exact topic covered previously (but may have missed it in a search).
I would LOVE to be able to, when zooming on an image from the contact sheet. have the ability to bring the file name, color/class bar from the bottom of the filmstrip to the top. Reason is when viewing in zoomed mode on an image, I really don't usually need to see all of the icon view in the film strip, but DO need to see the color/class, selected images, and file name. The way it is now, if I lower the size of the filmstrip down to the bottom of the screen, I lose the pertinent information on the images.

Is this something that could be considered changed, or at least an option to change the order of it?  I've attached a couple of images to explain what I'm referring to better.

Thanks in advance - for the most part, I LOVE the changes in PM5!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
Re: Filmstrip behavior and customization in 'zoom' view
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
I obtain all you want whythout problem (mac lion, PM5)
Is it true ?
Best regards

[attachment deleted by admin]
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
Hi,
I didn't find this exact topic covered previously (but may have missed it in a search).
I would LOVE to be able to, when zooming on an image from the contact sheet. have the ability to bring the file name, color/class bar from the bottom of the filmstrip to the top. Reason is when viewing in zoomed mode on an image, I really don't usually need to see all of the icon view in the film strip, but DO need to see the color/class, selected images, and file name. The way it is now, if I lower the size of the filmstrip down to the bottom of the screen, I lose the pertinent information on the images.

Is this something that could be considered changed, or at least an option to change the order of it?  I've attached a couple of images to explain what I'm referring to better.

Why not just make the thumbnail strip vertical?  You'd see all of the information and your preview size would be larger than your suggested solution would provide.  You can swap the thumbnail orientation with a button in the toolbar.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline random

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
Kirk,

I just had a severe "DUH" moment there when I read your response.  It's like when you get too close to the forest you can't see the trees, right?  Thanks for waking me up - a simple (already existing) solution works eloquently as usual. Maybe a slight adjustment to my brain getting use to seeing the filmstrip vertically, but won't be a problem.

Thanks again for the kick in the brain...apparently very needed.

8-)