Author Topic: Raw´s disappear!  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Photographer Karsten Weirup
Raw´s disappear!
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »
Hi again,
I still don´t seem to get it right. I am working in a ACR workflow. When the raws are converted in ACR and saved as jpgs, PM/spotlight is no longer able to find the raws when I search for them by keywords or captions. But PM finds all the jpgs! Is there any settings I am missing - somewhere?

Best Karsten

I use the settings you recommended, Kirk.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Raw´s disappear!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »
Karsten,

I still don´t seem to get it right. I am working in a ACR workflow. When the raws are converted in ACR and saved as jpgs, PM/spotlight is no longer able to find the raws when I search for them by keywords or captions. But PM finds all the jpgs! Is there any settings I am missing - somewhere?

I use the settings you recommended, Kirk.

The reason Spotlight or PM's use of Spotlight for searching doesn't work is because your metadata is contained in XMP sidecar files.  Spotlight does not associate XMP files with the various RAW file types, thus searching for data you know to be associated with a particular RAW file turns up no results.

Until Apple takes our suggestion and associates an XMP file's metadata as if it belonged to a RAW file, this is just the way it is going to work.

-Kirk

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Photographer Karsten Weirup
Re: Raw´s disappear!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:53:15 AM »
Thanks Kirk. That´s it.
I think I have found a way around it.
If I select the Raws then go to IPTC Stationary Pad and make sure to clear all fields, then write my name in for eksample "copyright" (it is already there btw.) and then press Apply stationary to selected. Then all the raws are both searchable and find-able.

It seems to be working.

Best Karsten