Author Topic: When I try to rearrange - image moved duplilcates itself  (Read 4420 times)

Offline MeWha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When I try to rearrange - image moved duplilcates itself
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
I need help immediately, as I am working on editing a wedding!  When I move an image from one location to another in the contact sheet, that image duplicates itself.  Every time I move that image again, it once again duplicates, so that if I move it 10 times, I will have 10 duplicates of that same image!

When I double click on one of the duplicated images to view it large, it will not move from one image to the next.  It is just frozen.

Thank you for your help!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: When I try to rearrange - image moved duplilcates itself
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »
I need help immediately, as I am working on editing a wedding!  When I move an image from one location to another in the contact sheet, that image duplicates itself.  Every time I move that image again, it once again duplicates, so that if I move it 10 times, I will have 10 duplicates of that same image!

When I double click on one of the duplicated images to view it large, it will not move from one image to the next.  It is just frozen.

Please read and answer these questions: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline narnia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
PM 4.6.9.  PC Windows 7 on HP desktop.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »
PM 4.6.9.  PC Windows 7 on HP desktop.

Are you the same person that originally posted the issue?  Your user name is not the same.

-Kirk

Offline narnia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Yes.  I don't know why it came up different!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 06:54:46 AM »
Yes.  I don't know why it came up different!

I guess you must have two accounts then.  The account used to make the original post was created just yesterday.

Are you holding down any keys while you are dragging the images around?
Are you already in Arrangement sort mode when you start rearranging your images?
Where are the images stored?  On a local hard drive?  A camera card?  Network drive?  CD/DVD?

-Kirk

Offline narnia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
I will just call tech support in the morning, it is is so close to Monday now.  Thanks for trying.

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
Hi,
I am on a MacBook Pro I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13217 (68ec133) and I run Mac OS X 10.7.5 on my Intel-based Mac, 2.2 GHz Core Duo. I also am using, as a back up, PM 4.6.9 when some features do not work in PM 5.

I think what this poster and now myself as well are saying that trying from the same computer internal hard drive when using PM 5 when I want to move/drag a picture from one PM window/folder (both on same hard drive both folders on desktop) to another then only to copy that picture is what the PM  5 allows. If I open the sidebar view where I can see all the folders at left I can move from Window to sidebar folder without having to copy.

I actually tested this same move in PM 4.6.9 and that version allows me to drag/move between folders/window without having to copy. I also have all the preferences set the same in both programs.

There are also other differences which I will post later that are needed for use by me in PM 5.

Thanks so much

Thanks so much,
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7