Author Topic: if no value in field skip in code replacement possible  (Read 753 times)

Offline atf300

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
if no value in field skip in code replacement possible
« on: September 29, 2023, 08:52:48 AM »
my caption is all generated now , but is there an option that if one field is missing the value , that it would be skipped. because sometimes i do not fill the persons shown field and then have to manualy remove the empty space and , .  in my case the persons shown field is the one , but as a feature i could incoporate it into other usage cases as well.

example of my description field:

{persons}, {headline}, {event}, {city}, {country}, {date}, Mandatory Credit © {byline}

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: if no value in field skip in code replacement possible
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 10:12:34 AM »
This is not currently possible, but we've discussed a solution that we could add in the future that would allow you to achieve what you are trying to do. I'll do my best to update this thread if/when we implement this (and of course it will be mention in the release notes of whichever update it is added in), and the following document is probably where the information would go if we add the capability: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001077381-variable-substring-extraction
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:32:19 AM by ahoward »

Offline lemint

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: if no value in field skip in code replacement possible
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 06:34:43 AM »
As an alternative, is it possible to eliminate double/triple/quadruple     spaces from the final caption?