Author Topic: supplemental fields - how does it sort with two players?  (Read 3963 times)

Offline mattman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
supplemental fields - how does it sort with two players?
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
The service I shoot for requires that we use the "supp cat" fields. We use the [lastname, firstname] set up with the players that are in the image. My question is if there are two players with the same number on the same team, how does that field choose the player?

I am using code replacements so it is quicker to fill out the fields...
example using player - position - number - school:
player 1 - tom jackson - qb - #8 - tcu - offense
player 2 - jim brown - db - # 8 - tcu - defense

So if I'm in supp cat 1 and I type \tk8\ - how does it determine to choose tom jackson or jim brown?
I've tried to use "o" or "d" for offensive or defensive player but that field doesn't take that command...any help is much appreciated!
 :)
I'm using version 4.6.9

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: supplemental fields - how does it sort with two players?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
The service I shoot for requires that we use the "supp cat" fields. We use the [lastname, firstname] set up with the players that are in the image. My question is if there are two players with the same number on the same team, how does that field choose the player?

I am using code replacements so it is quicker to fill out the fields...
example using player - position - number - school:
player 1 - tom jackson - qb - #8 - tcu - offense
player 2 - jim brown - db - # 8 - tcu - defense

So if I'm in supp cat 1 and I type \tk8\ - how does it determine to choose tom jackson or jim brown?
I've tried to use "o" or "d" for offensive or defensive player but that field doesn't take that command...any help is much appreciated!

Code Replacement assigns the last value encountered in the code replacement file, so if you list the same code more than once with different values, the last value in the file will be used.  This distinction has nothing to do with Supplemental Categories, however.

-Kirk

Offline mattman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
Kirk,

Thank you for your reply, but why doesn't "o" for offense and "d" for defense work in the supp cat fields?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
Thank you for your reply, but why doesn't "o" for offense and "d" for defense work in the supp cat fields?

Honestly, without seeing your Code Replacement text file, I really can't offer a guess.

Please post it here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk