Author Topic: Placement of color code  (Read 6065 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Placement of color code
« on: November 12, 2006, 06:42:52 PM »
A while back I asked aboout making the color code larger... I was noticing today that particularly with verticle images the color code is very far from the actual image. When I'm color coding I need to "find" the current color which for me seems to be difficult (maybe I'm not the only one). The Wav icon is all the way to the left and the color code (too small) is all the way to the right both end up too far out of my field of view on a verticle images.
Is there anything that can be done to make these more visable?
Thanks
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Placement of color code
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
A while back I asked aboout making the color code larger... I was noticing today that particularly with verticle images the color code is very far from the actual image. When I'm color coding I need to "find" the current color which for me seems to be difficult (maybe I'm not the only one). The Wav icon is all the way to the left and the color code (too small) is all the way to the right both end up too far out of my field of view on a verticle images.
Is there anything that can be done to make these more visable?

I think you suggested that we make a colored ring around the photo.  I made some mockups of that idea and it was just too distracting.  Do you have any other suggestions?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:18:11 PM »
Thanks Kirk - Definitely a larger dot in the preview window but keep it close to the corner of the image like it is on Horizontals and maybe on 2 corners or a line under the image.

Or maybe the filename type could be the color code – run under the image like in the all items at the bottom of the preview window but color coded instead of black –

Also an uncoded image code dot in the preview window is a deceptive shade of grey – toooo close to a grey color coded image.
Thanks for your help.

Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 09:40:07 PM »
Joe,

Thanks Kirk - Definitely a larger dot in the preview window but keep it close to the corner of the image like it is on Horizontals and maybe on 2 corners or a line under the image.

Or maybe the filename type could be the color code – run under the image like in the all items at the bottom of the preview window but color coded instead of black –

Also an uncoded image code dot in the preview window is a deceptive shade of grey – toooo close to a grey color coded image.

So this issue is completely a display issue and not an "interface" or "ease of use" issue.  I.e. we don't need to improve how you actually set or clear the color class, but you want to more easily see "at a glance" what the color class is?

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:04:07 AM »
completely a display issue - when I'm editing 20+ very similar images - particularly on the second look through.
Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC