Author Topic: PM5 and new D800E  (Read 2507 times)

Offline tuxster

• Newcomer
  • Just an old man with a camera
    • View Profile
PM5 and new D800E
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »
I purchased PM V5 couple days ago and just tried to injest the photos from my newly acquired D800E camera. It seems that LR4 can see the DCIM files and import fine as well windows sees the camera. I can manually copy the folders into a directory and inject that way but it seems to defeat the purpose a little. When I try to injest the drive it does not show up, when I select to injest folders I select the DCIM folders and nothing happens. Error indicating no folders selected.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 and new D800E
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
Mike,

I purchased PM V5 couple days ago and just tried to injest the photos from my newly acquired D800E camera. It seems that LR4 can see the DCIM files and import fine as well windows sees the camera. I can manually copy the folders into a directory and inject that way but it seems to defeat the purpose a little. When I try to injest the drive it does not show up, when I select to injest folders I select the DCIM folders and nothing happens. Error indicating no folders selected.

It sounds like you're directly connecting your camera to your computer instead of removing the card and using a dedicated card reader.  PM only works with dedicated card readers.

-Kirk

Offline tuxster

• Newcomer
  • Just an old man with a camera
    • View Profile
Re: PM5 and new D800E
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
oh, I did not know that. I will try that next time.