Author Topic: Email photo with ID name  (Read 4473 times)

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Email photo with ID name
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Hi..New to Mac and Photo Mech........With PC and Breeze Browser, the photos got sent with the name....(or camera ID)......so customers could pick out and order from the ID #.  Photo Mechanic sends the image without any ID........how to fix this??

Thanks..Jack

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email photo with ID name
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:34:43 PM »
Jack,

Hi..New to Mac and Photo Mech........With PC and Breeze Browser, the photos got sent with the name....(or camera ID)......so customers could pick out and order from the ID #.  Photo Mechanic sends the image without any ID........how to fix this??

What ID number are you referring to?

-Kirk

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Email photo with IDme the photo. name
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
Kirk.........Thank you for the quick reply.....the ID # that the camera assigns to it.

2x3588.cr2    or     2x3589.jpg....the sequential # that the camera assigns...or any # or  name, if you rename the photo.  I just sent my client 119 photos........no way at all for her to pick and choose which see wants. They are just plain photos....no way to select . Lucky I CC it to me, or I would have assumes they were all numbered.

Jack

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email photo with IDme the photo. name
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »
Jack,

the ID # that the camera assigns to it.

2x3588.cr2    or     2x3589.jpg....the sequential # that the camera assigns...or any # or  name, if you rename the photo.  I just sent my client 119 photos........no way at all for her to pick and choose which see wants. They are just plain photos....no way to select . Lucky I CC it to me, or I would have assumes they were all numbered.

The attachments should have the original name of the file you selected as the name of the attachment.

You really sent 119 photos?  In just a few emails, or did you send her 119 emails?

Wouldn't it be better to upload a web gallery to your server (or something like Photoshelter or Zenfolio, etc.) and then give your client the URL to the web gallery?

-Kirk

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
I sent 119 in one email. Usually 20 to 50...been doing this for 7 years or so.  In BB you select photos, hit control+shift+E, ....size and quality etc. preselected, type in email address and subject line and send.  A few seconds and done.  All the photos have the original ID sent with them

PM does pretty much the same thing.......(why I bought it).......BUT it only sends the photo...no ID.

I have removed my PC and have to get the mac working.....

I just sent myself a photo..shows an that there is an attachment..but only a plain photo ....no photo id #.

I use several web galleys.............(for events and other uses).........but sending them to the galley, having the customer then  have to go to the galley and me having to go back to the galley and tend to it is far more time consuming.

Is this a Mac thing??

Jack

Offline jvvjvv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
Kirk.............It is a Mac thing.  I fired up my PC laptop and the attachments go through with the ID #.  The Mac sends the image only..............double click on the image and it reopens  with the ID#.   Thanks again for getting back to me. 

Is there a key board short cut for emailing??

Jack

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »
Jack,

Kirk.............It is a Mac thing.  I fired up my PC laptop and the attachments go through with the ID #.  The Mac sends the image only..............double click on the image and it reopens  with the ID#.   Thanks again for getting back to me. 

Check the menu item on the File menu.  The keyboard shortcut should be listed after the commands.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »

Jack

The Mac thing is the mail client usually doesn't show the filename just the pic attached. but when you save the pics or open them in any app then the filenames are there.

If you send each image in a different email you can also include any type of metadata in the body of the email.
It would be great if it would work with multiple images in a single email but unfortunately as I observed in this case only variables of one image get evaluated and entered with metadata from the rest of the images being skipped (but the other images get attached too).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com