Author Topic: Live Ingest problem  (Read 1599 times)

Offline pmagi

• View Profile
Live Ingest problem
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to use PM (4.6 on Vista) with Canon EOS Utility to shoot tehetred. EOS Utility will capture the images and place them in a destination folder. If PM is open then I have to open an other app and go back for PM to understand there are new images in that folder. So I tried Live Ingest, shooting to a temp folder and haveing Live Ingest copying the images to my destination folder. However, Live Ingest will not see the new images, so its the same problem, I have to quit and go back, and then noting is gained......is this supposed to work like I hoped?

It would be nice to have the images show automatically as they come in fro the camera, without any action.....

Rgds
PM

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest problem
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »
Petter,

I am trying to use PM (4.6 on Vista) with Canon EOS Utility to shoot tehetred. EOS Utility will capture the images and place them in a destination folder. If PM is open then I have to open an other app and go back for PM to understand there are new images in that folder. So I tried Live Ingest, shooting to a temp folder and haveing Live Ingest copying the images to my destination folder. However, Live Ingest will not see the new images, so its the same problem, I have to quit and go back, and then noting is gained......is this supposed to work like I hoped?

It would be nice to have the images show automatically as they come in fro the camera, without any action.....

LiveIngest constantly scans for new files.  You shouldn't have to quit PM and start the process again.  Perhaps there is something wrong in your setup?

As for PM itself, use the Rescan command on the Image menu to force PM to rescan the folder(s) in a Contact Sheet tab.

Also, be sure you're using the latest version of PM 4.6 which is PM 4.6.9.

-Kirk