Author Topic: "There were errors during the Save As operation."  (Read 4758 times)

Offline jgood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"There were errors during the Save As operation."
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Program/Computer info: PM 5.0, build #13217 working on a Intel Core Dell Optiplex with Windows 7 Enterprise. 

I keep receiving this message, and there's no rhyme or reason to the number I'm trying to Save As.  Sometimes it will save all that I have selected, and sometimes it will only save 1 or a few of the images selected.  I ran the program 2 weeks ago doing the Save As with no problem at all.

I did see this message addressed from 2011, but that was the older version of PM.

Thanks for any help.
Jan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "There were errors during the Save As operation."
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
Jan,

Program/Computer info: PM 5.0, build #13217 working on a Intel Core Dell Optiplex with Windows 7 Enterprise. 

I keep receiving this message, and there's no rhyme or reason to the number I'm trying to Save As.  Sometimes it will save all that I have selected, and sometimes it will only save 1 or a few of the images selected.  I ran the program 2 weeks ago doing the Save As with no problem at all.

I'd like to see your PM.log file.  You can find your PM.log file by opening up your Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog and clicking on the Caching tab.  Make note of your Disk Cache path.  Open that same folder in Windows Explorer.  Find the PM.log file.

Once you find the log file, send me a personal message and I'll give you further instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jgood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Thanks Kirk--I will get this info to you in the morning, because our IT people have to pull that folder up for me (permissions).

Jan

Offline jgood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Well, my IT folks didn't show up, but I realized when you directed me to the cache setting that I could change the folder there.  I had looked for it earlier, but didn't see it.  I changed it to my Photoshop cache drive (separate), and everything is working just fine now.

Thanks for your help!