Author Topic: Making IPTC Stationary Pad larger  (Read 2641 times)

Offline dnikkor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Making IPTC Stationary Pad larger
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
I am running PM 4.5 (plan to upgrade soon). My problem is that with my Dell laptop resolution, the IPTC Stationary Pad is too small (older eyes need larger print). As a working wire service photographer, this can lead to captioning errors and also makes it harder to work the caption.

Is there a way to make that window larger?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Making IPTC Stationary Pad larger
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
I am running PM 4.5 (plan to upgrade soon). My problem is that with my Dell laptop resolution, the IPTC Stationary Pad is too small (older eyes need larger print). As a working wire service photographer, this can lead to captioning errors and also makes it harder to work the caption.

Is there a way to make that window larger?

No, not in PM 4.5.  In PM 4.6.x you can resize the dialogs, and in PM 5 you can customize the layout of the dialogs and the dialogs are re-sizable.

-Kirk

Offline dnikkor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »
Thanks! All the more reason to upgrade. I'm shooting a MLB game tonight, will I be able to figure out the upgrade in version 5 on the fly?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
Thanks! All the more reason to upgrade. I'm shooting a MLB game tonight, will I be able to figure out the upgrade in version 5 on the fly?

I wouldn't suggest making that kind of change while you're doing a job!  Spend some time with the new version before you start a new job, please.

-Kirk

Offline dnikkor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »
Hi Kirk. OK, I just purchased & upgraded to V4.6.9. I can't seem to find in preferences how to resize the IPTC window. Help please and thank you.

Offline dnikkor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »
Found it....I'll upgrade my laptop to V5 once I have the time to play with it. Thanks again for your help Kirk.