Author Topic: Writing IPTC data to jpg's only??  (Read 2032 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Writing IPTC data to jpg's only??
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13217 (68ec133) on an Intel MAC running OSX 10.8.2.

I have a number of RAW+jpg images.  I have been using the IPTC stationery pad to write descriptive data to the images.  When it writes, it says "writing to xxx.jpg."  It never says it's writing to the NEF file. 

Is it, in fact, writing to BOTH images or only the jpg?  If so, how can I get it to write to both?  If it can only write to one, I would rather write to the NEF file.

Many thanks for any help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Writing IPTC data to jpg's only??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
Annie,

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13217 (68ec133) on an Intel MAC running OSX 10.8.2.

I have a number of RAW+jpg images.  I have been using the IPTC stationery pad to write descriptive data to the images.  When it writes, it says "writing to xxx.jpg."  It never says it's writing to the NEF file. 

Is it, in fact, writing to BOTH images or only the jpg?  If so, how can I get it to write to both?  If it can only write to one, I would rather write to the NEF file.

Many thanks for any help.

If your JPEG and RAW images are shown together as a single RAW+JPEG thumbnail then when you apply any sort of edit (IPTC/XMP, rating, tag, color class, crop, renaming) then both images are updated.

-Kirk