Author Topic: Ingest numbering duplication problem  (Read 2373 times)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Ingest numbering duplication problem
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Mac OS X 10.7.5
PM 5.0, build 13217 (68ec133)
Ingest numbering sequence problems if the program freezes....
We end up with lots of duplicate numbers (with an A on the end).
Also happened after a regular quit and reopen of the program.

While we're at it could we have a warning dialog if number sequences are going to be duplicated so we can abort and reedit the ingest...
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest numbering duplication problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »
Marc,

Mac OS X 10.7.5
PM 5.0, build 13217 (68ec133)
Ingest numbering sequence problems if the program freezes....
We end up with lots of duplicate numbers (with an A on the end).
Also happened after a regular quit and reopen of the program.

This should be fixed in the next build.

Quote from: mbbphoto
While we're at it could we have a warning dialog if number sequences are going to be duplicated so we can abort and reedit the ingest...

Let's see if the next build solves your problem.  I'd rather solve the actual problem rather than treat the symptom.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:41 AM »

Quote from: mbbphoto

Let's see if the next build solves your problem.  I'd rather solve the actual problem rather than treat the symptom.

-Kirk
[/quote]

Understood but some times this occurs dur=e to a mistake on our end and it would be fantastic to avoid!

Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »
Marc,

Understood but some times this occurs due to a mistake on our end and it would be fantastic to avoid!

Sure, but then this would be a feature request and we're not adding any features to PM 5 until Cataloging is complete, but you're welcome to request it on the Feature Requests board if you like.

-Kirk

Offline Nigel Kinrade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
I'm having the same issue. Every time I ingest a second car PM5 just stops ingesting halfway through the card.

I've counter acted this by closing PM5 after every card ingest and reopening PM5, however for some reason sometimes the number sequence does not advance to the last numbers used during the previous ingest it resorts back to a previous ingest number. So now every time I ingest now I have to close and reopen PM5 and then go back and check the ingest number of the final image previously ingested so I don't have duplicate numbers and PM5 does not have to add an 'A' to the filenames.

A big pain really.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »
Nigel,

I'm having the same issue. Every time I ingest a second car PM5 just stops ingesting halfway through the card.

I've counter acted this by closing PM5 after every card ingest and reopening PM5, however for some reason sometimes the number sequence does not advance to the last numbers used during the previous ingest it resorts back to a previous ingest number. So now every time I ingest now I have to close and reopen PM5 and then go back and check the ingest number of the final image previously ingested so I don't have duplicate numbers and PM5 does not have to add an 'A' to the filenames.

The next build of PM 5 should not have any issues keeping the sequence numbers straight.

-Kirk