Author Topic: With Code Replacement (R) is replaced with ® and (C) is replaced with ©  (Read 2475 times)

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
  • Where ever you go, There you are....
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
When using Code Replacement on a MAC running Mountain Lion, in addition to the text reverting to the default size, when I replace the players number with an (R) or (C) the text is replaced with an ® or ©.  The work around is to replace the (R) and (C) and then not type anything else in the IPTC.  If I type anything in there, it reverts back to the the ® or ©.  It does not do this in Windows (Windows 7, PM build 1344).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
When using Code Replacement on a MAC running Mountain Lion, in addition to the text reverting to the default size, when I replace the players number with an (R) or (C) the text is replaced with an ® or ©.  The work around is to replace the (R) and (C) and then not type anything else in the IPTC.  If I type anything in there, it reverts back to the the ® or ©.  It does not do this in Windows (Windows 7, PM build 1344).

That's a feature of Mac OS X that you'll have to turn off.  Other applications that let you enter text are going behave the same way.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
To add to Kirk's message: the behaviour can be changed under System Preferences | Language & Text | Text tab.

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl