Author Topic: Structured Keywords - UTF8 file type problem  (Read 2272 times)

Offline mamer2005

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Structured Keywords - UTF8 file type problem
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
PMv5, Build 13444 Windows 7

I have a structured keyword list (28,000 words) in MS Excel (see attachment for format). File worked fine with previous versions of PM 4.X by simply saving as a tab delimited .txt file. With PM5, I saved the excel file as a tab delimited file again, then, opened the file in Notepad and saved with UTF8 encoding. When the list is loaded into PM5, I see some of the words either greyed out or in green, while others are invisible (see attachment)

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it the software? Without the structured keywords, PM is useless to me.

JM

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keywords - UTF8 file type problem
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
PMv5, Build 13444 Windows 7

I have a structured keyword list (28,000 words) in MS Excel (see attachment for format). File worked fine with previous versions of PM 4.X by simply saving as a tab delimited .txt file. With PM5, I saved the excel file as a tab delimited file again, then, opened the file in Notepad and saved with UTF8 encoding. When the list is loaded into PM5, I see some of the words either greyed out or in green, while others are invisible (see attachment)

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it the software? Without the structured keywords, PM is useless to me.

Change back to the darker UI.  This issue is a display only issue.  Open up the Preferences dialog, click on the Accessibility tab and turn off the use light UI checkbox.

-Kirk

Offline mamer2005

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Structured Keywords - UTF8 file type problem
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
Thanks Kirk!