Author Topic: Windows 8 and Photo Mechanic  (Read 2754 times)

Offline dgillilan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Gillilan Photography & Printing
Windows 8 and Photo Mechanic
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »
Hello,
i was unable to do a search on "Windows 8" because the Photo Mechanic forum required two characters in each word. I am considering upgrade to Windows 8.
Will I be able to use my present version of Photo Mechanic with Windows 8 on my PC? I presently use Windows Vista 32 bit with Photo Mechanic 4.6.8; PC has Intel Core 2 Duo cpu at 2.00 ghz processor with 2 GB  Ram(LAPTOP) and 250 gb hard disk. The only change would be to Win 8.
Thank you,
Debra Gillilan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Windows 8 and Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Debra,

i was unable to do a search on "Windows 8" because the Photo Mechanic forum required two characters in each word. I am considering upgrade to Windows 8.
Will I be able to use my present version of Photo Mechanic with Windows 8 on my PC? I presently use Windows Vista 32 bit with Photo Mechanic 4.6.8; PC has Intel Core 2 Duo cpu at 2.00 ghz processor with 2 GB  Ram(LAPTOP) and 250 gb hard disk. The only change would be to Win 8.

We haven't tested PM 4.6.x on Windows 8.  PM 4.6.x is no longer being updated.  If PM 4.6.9 (the latest version in the series) doesn't run properly on Windows 8 it will not be updated to work on the new OS.  PM 5 is the current version and will be updated to run on Windows 8.

-Kirk

Offline dgillilan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Gillilan Photography & Printing
Re: Windows 8 and Photo Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Thank you Kirk, for your reply. I will consider updating my PM to your current version very soon,
Debra