Author Topic: PM 5, build 13444 not displaying White Balance value correctly  (Read 3811 times)

Offline EricLoken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 5, build 13444 not displaying White Balance value correctly
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »
I recently upgraded to PM 5, build 13444 on Windows 7.  The White Balance value now displays "Manual" regardless of the white balance used for the image.  It worked fine on the previous build.  Do I need to change something or is it a problem with the build.  Thanks, Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 5, build 13444 not displaying White Balance value correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »
I recently upgraded to PM 5, build 13444 on Windows 7.  The White Balance value now displays "Manual" regardless of the white balance used for the image.  It worked fine on the previous build.  Do I need to change something or is it a problem with the build.  Thanks, Eric

I know of no changes to the code that extracts white balance information.  Can you post a sample image?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your sample file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
Kirk,

I have the same problem as attached. The first shows PM 4.6.9 showing 3700 Kelvin and the second with PM 5 13444 as manual. It is the same RAW untouched image that is shown.

David

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
Oops - I added support for detecting Auto versus Manual white balance setting and this was stomping on the white balance setting from the camera's Maker Note.  This change was done for Rob Galbraith because (now that he is an instructor at SAIT) he wants to know whether or not the user (i.e. student) was being "lazy."  Of course there are sometimes good reasons to use Auto white balance (e.g. unknown or mixed lighting and no time for custom or to optimize the color temp), so this isn't always an indication of "laziness."

So I've added a new setting and the new variable is called {whitemode} or {whim}.

This change should preserve the previous PM versions use of the {white} variables.

This will be in the new build coming up soon.

Regards,

--dennis

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Thanks Dennis.
Look forward to it.
David

Offline EricLoken

• Newcomer