Author Topic: 4.4.3 Taking long time to see cards.  (Read 7630 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
4.4.3 Taking long time to see cards.
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:59:09 AM »
Kirk,

This new version is taking considerably longer to see my CF cards. I have selected the unmount check box. Also as previously mentioned the time to load the program (splash screen) is very long. In general the program seems to be doing a ton of work in the background.

System Config:
WIN XP Pro, 3GB ram 3.6ghtz 7 HD's via SATA, Firewire, and IDE channels.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.4.3 Taking long time to see cards.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »
Kirk,

This new version is taking considerably longer to see my CF cards. I have selected the unmount check box. Also as previously mentioned the time to load the program (splash screen) is very long. In general the program seems to be doing a ton of work in the background.

System Config:
WIN XP Pro, 3GB ram 3.6ghtz 7 HD's via SATA, Firewire, and IDE channels.

Now that you are running the latest beta, you already have on your system the information I need to diagnose the slow startup times.  Next to the cache folder is a file with the name PM.log

It may be easiest to just do a search (Windows-F) to find it.  Once you find the file send me a private message and I'll give you an email address that you can send the log file to.

Otherwise, long startup times can be caused by your Photo Mechanic Caching settings.  If you could list your settings that would be helpful.  Just open up the Preferences dialog and click on the Caching tab.  List all of the settings.

Thanks,

-Kirk