Author Topic: Deleting Keywords from already keyworded images  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Deleting Keywords from already keyworded images
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:23:59 PM »
While I have been using (and loving) Photo Mechanic for a couple of years, I have only been doing a lot of captioning and keywording images using the software for six months. I am typically working with anywhere from 1,000 - 4,000 images broken into folders from multiple day shoots.  I love the ability to add keywords (with the + feature,) as it allows me to do basic keywording for all the photos and then get into deeper levels of keywording with smaller groups of photos.  The find and replace editing function is also great. Occassionally, I discover a mistake where I would like to remove a keyword rather than replace it. Is there any way to achieve this with the software, or would this need to be an added function?  Thanks, Michael Lichter (www.lichterphoto.com)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Deleting Keywords from already keyworded images
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 05:21:52 PM »
While I have been using (and loving) Photo Mechanic for a couple of years, I have only been doing a lot of captioning and keywording images using the software for six months. I am typically working with anywhere from 1,000 - 4,000 images broken into folders from multiple day shoots.  I love the ability to add keywords (with the + feature,) as it allows me to do basic keywording for all the photos and then get into deeper levels of keywording with smaller groups of photos.  The find and replace editing function is also great. Occassionally, I discover a mistake where I would like to remove a keyword rather than replace it. Is there any way to achieve this with the software, or would this need to be an added function?  Thanks, Michael Lichter (www.lichterphoto.com)

Currently the Find and Replace panel will not allow a zero-length replacement.  I have changed this for version 4.5, but I need to test it with removing a keyword and make sure that works.  (Keywords are repeating fields in IPTC and need special treatment.)

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Deleting Keywords from already keyworded images
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 01:04:03 PM »

Currently the Find and Replace panel will not allow a zero-length replacement.  I have changed this for version 4.5, but I need to test it with removing a keyword and make sure that works.  (Keywords are repeating fields in IPTC and need special treatment.)

I have tested keyword removal using the Find and Replace dialog and it works fine.  You'll see this in the 4.5 release.

-Kirk