Author Topic: Uploading Directly to ExposureManager  (Read 2168 times)

Offline EM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Uploading Directly to ExposureManager
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been discussed in the past but I am not seeing it based on my searching.  The photographer is using OS 10.5.8  and PM version 4.6.8 trying to upload directly to ExposureManager.

Her issues is that when she uploads from PhotoMechanic, the images go into her galleries but are randomly assigned a number - like 29867 (not real).  But they all still contain their image numbers/file names.

When she batch processes to move the images from that numbered gallery into her assigned gallery, the file numbers disappear and become just the first digit...  in this particular case, h.

It doesn't seem to be a transfer problem and more has to do with when she is actually processing them into the proper gallery.  I know it isn't an issue with file names being amended by ExposureManager because I work for them, I'm just trying to troubleshoot her issues.  She states that it doesn't always seem to happen, just some of the time. 

Does anybody have any suggestions or settings I can suggest she check?  I do not have a version of PM to test so any suggestions/forum links that I can provide to her would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Uploading Directly to ExposureManager
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been discussed in the past but I am not seeing it based on my searching.  The photographer is using OS 10.5.8  and PM version 4.6.8 trying to upload directly to ExposureManager.

Her issues is that when she uploads from PhotoMechanic, the images go into her galleries but are randomly assigned a number - like 29867 (not real).  But they all still contain their image numbers/file names.

When she batch processes to move the images from that numbered gallery into her assigned gallery, the file numbers disappear and become just the first digit...  in this particular case, h.

It doesn't seem to be a transfer problem and more has to do with when she is actually processing them into the proper gallery.  I know it isn't an issue with file names being amended by ExposureManager because I work for them, I'm just trying to troubleshoot her issues.  She states that it doesn't always seem to happen, just some of the time. 

Does anybody have any suggestions or settings I can suggest she check?  I do not have a version of PM to test so any suggestions/forum links that I can provide to her would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much!

We'd be happy to provide you with a license to Photo Mechanic 4.6 or 5.0 free of charge to help you diagnose this problem.

Contact me privately.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline EM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading Directly to ExposureManager
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Kirk,

I sent you a private message.  No rush in responding over the weekend.  Thanks again for your assistance and have a nice evening!

-Travis