Author Topic: Menu items misaligned  (Read 3496 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Menu items misaligned
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

When you first start PM under Windows 7 64 bit and hover over items in the top menu, their alignment changes (see below).  As soon as you resize PM, the menu items snap back to proper alignment.

Deven
PM 5 13444

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
Re: Menu items misaligned
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

When you first start PM under Windows 7 64 bit and hover over items in the top menu, their alignment changes (see below).  As soon as you resize PM, the menu items snap back to proper alignment.

Deven
PM 5 13444

Interesting. Also Win 7 64 bit but this doesn't happen on my system. Wonder if it's a difference in graphics cards.

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
Could be the graphics driver I suppose.  I'm using NVidia.

I tested on my laptop, and while it doesn't have exactly the same problem, the location of the menu bar changes slightly as PM starts up.

On my desktop I can duplicate this "laptop" behavior by starting PM and then resize the window.  As the window is resized, the menu bar drops down a few pixels.

Interestingly, if I hold down the shift key when starting PM on my desktop, I don't get the problem.  But without holding down the shift key, the problem persists.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »
Deven,

I tested on my laptop, and while it doesn't have exactly the same problem, the location of the menu bar changes slightly as PM starts up.

On my desktop I can duplicate this "laptop" behavior by starting PM and then resize the window.  As the window is resized, the menu bar drops down a few pixels.

Interestingly, if I hold down the shift key when starting PM on my desktop, I don't get the problem.  But without holding down the shift key, the problem persists.

For PM 5 we switched to Microsoft's latest MFC libraries and unfortunately they're full of little cosmetic issues like these.  I have spent many hours working around the ones I've been able to reproduce, but I haven't seen this one before.  At least it isn't a show stopper like many of the others I've worked around.

I suspect that at some point this issue will be fixed in a future MFC library update.

-Kirk