Author Topic: Batch edit in CS5  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Batch edit in CS5
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
Is it possible to batch edit in CS5?

I usually selects the photos is PM - apply cropping and then upload to CS5 raw. The photos will open one by one - not as a batch. Is it possible to open them as a batch so that I can apply the raw settings to all photos at once? Photos are JPG's.

Thanks
Niels

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Batch edit in CS5
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »
Niels,

How are you launching photos into Photoshop CS5?

Also, please read and answer the following questions:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I am running PM build 13444 (c5a5ad3) on Windows 7, 64 bit.

I am launching the photos into PS using the CTRL + E keyboard command. I have attached a couple of screendumps - the first 'opened in raw from PM' will only show the first photo - not the batch and I have to apply setting to each one of the photos.

The other attachment ' opened in raw from bridge' shows the number of photos that has been launched into Raw. I can apply the same settings to the whole batch of photos.

The last attachment shows the settings in PM under the view menu.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Niels

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:42:40 PM »
Niels,

I am running PM build 13444 (c5a5ad3) on Windows 7, 64 bit.

I am launching the photos into PS using the CTRL + E keyboard command. I have attached a couple of screendumps - the first 'opened in raw from PM' will only show the first photo - not the batch and I have to apply setting to each one of the photos.

Unless you're launching photos from the Contact Sheet there is no way to launch multiple photos.  In the Preview window you're only working with a single image at a time (even when in one of the 2-up modes one of the two panes is selected) and as such, only one image is launched.

Try selecting multiple photos in the Contact Sheet and then editing them.

-Kirk

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Have tried your suggestion and it makes no difference. I selected 3 photos, right clicked and selected 'edit selected photos'. PS starts up, raw module starts and then the first photo is ready in raw. Once I press 'Done' , the photos closes and the next photo opens. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Niels

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Have tried your suggestion and it makes no difference. I selected 3 photos, right clicked and selected 'edit selected photos'. PS starts up, raw module starts and then the first photo is ready in raw. Once I press 'Done' , the photos closes and the next photo opens. Am I doing something wrong?

Not that I know of.  Have you tried drag and drop from the Contact Sheet to the Photoshop application window?  Does that work?

Do you have Photoshop set as one of your custom editors or is it just your default Photos editor?

-Kirk

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »
Hi.

Drag and drop works! Thanks

PS was not the default editor. I changed so it became the default editor, but it made no difference

Thanks again

Niels

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
Niels,

Drag and drop works! Thanks

PS was not the default editor. I changed so it became the default editor, but it made no difference

You can also try setting Photoshop CS5 as your editor for specific file types like CR2, JPEG, TIFF, etc. which may also work with multiple files.

-Kirk