Author Topic: Concurrent Uploads  (Read 3298 times)

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
Concurrent Uploads
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »
Hello,

Despite having "Concurrent Uploads" unchecked in the preferences for the File Uploader, it appears that they are being uploaded concurrently rather than individually. This throws sequences out of order when we post to our server. Is there a bug or problem with the new version that is causing this? I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13444 (c5a5ad3), Macintosh 10.6.8, 2 X 2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. I look forward to hearing back about this.

Thanks,
Andy

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Concurrent Uploads
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »
Despite having "Concurrent Uploads" unchecked in the preferences for the File Uploader, it appears that they are being uploaded concurrently rather than individually. This throws sequences out of order when we post to our server. Is there a bug or problem with the new version that is causing this? I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13444 (c5a5ad3), Macintosh 10.6.8, 2 X 2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. I look forward to hearing back about this.

Which uploader template are you using?

-Kirk

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
Just the FTP Upload from the File Uploader. I have it set to FTP to our off site server. I had turned off Concurrent Uploads in the previous versions and have had no problems with it, but the new version seems to upload concurrently even if that is turned off.

Andy

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
Hello,

I have not heard back from you since your initial reply inquiring as to what uploader I am using. I have posted that info as well as trying to follow up with you but have not heard anything back. This is a problem for us and it is inconvenient to switch back to prior versions of the PM software in order to just upload to the FTP server.

Any thoughts on what is causing this problem? Or a solution or workaround?  I uploaded a series of images this morning to our Merlin Server, and sure enough even though I had concurrent uploads unchecked, the files were uploaded to the server concurrently. We shoot and post sequences of images, and this causes the sequences to be completely out of order when the files are uploaded to our server.

Thanks,
Andy

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
Andy,

I have not heard back from you since your initial reply inquiring as to what uploader I am using. I have posted that info as well as trying to follow up with you but have not heard anything back. This is a problem for us and it is inconvenient to switch back to prior versions of the PM software in order to just upload to the FTP server.

Any thoughts on what is causing this problem? Or a solution or workaround?  I uploaded a series of images this morning to our Merlin Server, and sure enough even though I had concurrent uploads unchecked, the files were uploaded to the server concurrently. We shoot and post sequences of images, and this causes the sequences to be completely out of order when the files are uploaded to our server.

We have been unable to reproduce this issue on our end.  Only one file is sent at a time then concurrent uploads are disallowed.  Our progress dialog shows only one transmit progress bar and an additional overall progress bar which is normal for when concurrent uploads are disallowed.

At this point I'm going to need a screen shot from you showing the progress dialog with three progress bars on it and I'd like to see your PM.log file (compressed in a zip file please).  You can find your PM.log file in the same location your Disk Cache path is set.  You can see your Disk Cache path in the Caching section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.

Please contact me privately by clicking on my name and sending me a personal message once you have the files ready.  I'll give you an email address to send the two files off to.

Thanks,

-Kirk