Author Topic: export color class to XMP 5-star ratings  (Read 4212 times)

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
export color class to XMP 5-star ratings
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:01:45 PM »
I am evaluating the demo 4.4 right now and seeing how it compares to my Adobe Bridge.

It's my understanding that 4.4 has no way to use the XMP 5-star rating system, but this will be added in version 4.5?
If that is the case, will there be some way to convert or migrate old photos with the current color code rating system to the new XMP 5-star rating system, or will I need to to back and re-rank all my old images?

I'd rather not do the ranking work twice, if you know what i mean.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: export color class to XMP 5-star ratings
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:52:21 PM »
I am evaluating the demo 4.4 right now and seeing how it compares to my Adobe Bridge.

It's my understanding that 4.4 has no way to use the XMP 5-star rating system, but this will be added in version 4.5?
If that is the case, will there be some way to convert or migrate old photos with the current color code rating system to the new XMP 5-star rating system, or will I need to to back and re-rank all my old images?

I'd rather not do the ranking work twice, if you know what i mean.

Photo Mechanic 4.5 has a 5-star rating system compatible with Bridge and other XMP-savvy applications.  There will be a Remapper tool that will let you convert Color Class to 5-star ratings and back again.

-Kirk

Offline jjlists123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: export color class to XMP 5-star ratings
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:15:37 PM »
Remapping?   
That's perfect Kirk.
Now I just need to figure out how to wait for 4.5  ;-)