Author Topic: Bigger font when printing photos with captions?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Canon Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bigger font when printing photos with captions?
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »
I shoot for the local paper. They prefer to be handed printouts of photos with the file name and caption included -this for the page editor to choose which shots to use. I am able to do this with PM -but the caption font is microscopic. I can't see any formatting adjustment in your software. Is there a way to get the caption to a readable size?

Shorter captions are not an option, certain information is required. My only choice so far is to rewrite the captions by hand.

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bigger font when printing photos with captions?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
I shoot for the local paper. They prefer to be handed printouts of photos with the file name and caption included -this for the page editor to choose which shots to use. I am able to do this with PM -but the caption font is microscopic. I can't see any formatting adjustment in your software. Is there a way to get the caption to a readable size?

Shorter captions are not an option, certain information is required. My only choice so far is to rewrite the captions by hand.

Are you printing Proofs or Contact Sheets?

-Kirk

Offline Canon Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
I don't recall what the software calls it. I choose one image per page  where there are options for multiple rows and columns.

If there is a way to get the caption readable -I don't care whether it's proof or contact sheet. How can I do it?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
I don't recall what the software calls it. I choose one image per page  where there are options for multiple rows and columns.

If there is a way to get the caption readable -I don't care whether it's proof or contact sheet. How can I do it?

Sounds like Contact Sheets since you've mentioned rows and columns.

Try setting the number of lines for the "Title line height" to 5.

How long are your captions?  Multiple paragraphs?

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Canon Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
My captions are one to two sentences. Arial 11 point would require only two lines under the photo. Is there no way to set the caption font size? Autoscaling the font is a problem.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »
My captions are one to two sentences. Arial 11 point would require only two lines under the photo. Is there no way to set the caption font size? Autoscaling the font is a problem.

No, there is no way to enforce a font size.

Have you tried what I suggested?  Try setting the number of lines to two.

-Kirk