Author Topic: Attempted upload crashes Photo Mechanic  (Read 3493 times)

Offline laura

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Attempted upload crashes Photo Mechanic
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:38 AM »
Hello,
I'm running the demo version of Photo Mechanic 5, build 13444 on Windows 7 Pro.

I was uploading to Photoshelter with no problems last week, but now when I click the upload button (or choose upload from the File menu) Photo Mechanic crashes and needs to be force closed. I've tried selecting single images and small groups of images to upload with the same result - no dialog box opens before the program crashes. I've attempted upload on different images stored in different locations.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you.

Offline laura

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Attempted upload crashes Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:51:28 AM »
I should add that as I've continued to work with files in Photo Mechanic I've experienced a new (potentially related) problem. After I've had the program open for 20-30 minutes, the thumbnails in my contact sheet start to flash, the Info view for each photo takes several seconds to load, and then the program crashes. The photos I'm working with are on a networked drive, as were the ones that I was working with last week.

My department is very interested in purchasing a license for the program, but I want to make sure these types of glitches are resolvable and (hopefully!) somehow related to the fact that I'm working on a demo version.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »
Laura,

I should add that as I've continued to work with files in Photo Mechanic I've experienced a new (potentially related) problem. After I've had the program open for 20-30 minutes, the thumbnails in my contact sheet start to flash, the Info view for each photo takes several seconds to load, and then the program crashes. The photos I'm working with are on a networked drive, as were the ones that I was working with last week.

My department is very interested in purchasing a license for the program, but I want to make sure these types of glitches are resolvable and (hopefully!) somehow related to the fact that I'm working on a demo version.

It's a bug in the current release version that will be corrected in the next build of Photo Mechanic: version 5.

Expect an update in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline laura

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »
That's OK, Kirk, thanks for the reply.
Is the uploading problem I've been having related to this? As I said, everything was working flawlessly last week.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »
Laura,

That's OK, Kirk, thanks for the reply.
Is the uploading problem I've been having related to this? As I said, everything was working flawlessly last week.

Yes, the issue with the flashing thumbnails and the inability to upload or export are related.

-Kirk