Author Topic: Are you sure you want to quit PM?  (Read 6381 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Are you sure you want to quit PM?
« on: November 21, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Kirk,

Could you please, please add a "Don't ask me again" checkbox to this shutdown warning?  I can't recall ever unintentionally closing PM, so I find this safety check quite unnecessary.  Even if one did occasionally shut down PM accidentally, I don't think the savings this dialog box would provide on these rare occasions would be worth the productivity lost clicking on "Yes" each time one wants to close PM.

And PM 4.x was pretty terrific without it  ;D

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Are you sure you want to quit PM?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »
Deven,

Could you please, please add a "Don't ask me again" checkbox to this shutdown warning?  I can't recall ever unintentionally closing PM, so I find this safety check quite unnecessary.  Even if one did occasionally shut down PM accidentally, I don't think the savings this dialog box would provide on these rare occasions would be worth the productivity lost clicking on "Yes" each time one wants to close PM.

Simply turn off the checkbox titled "Ask when quitting Photo Mechanic" on the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog and it should bother you no more.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:55:40 AM »
Hi, Deven
It's worth noting that PM only asks before quitting when you do have a contact sheet open. If you close the contact sheets before quitting, no dialoque appears.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
Simply turn off the checkbox titled "Ask when quitting Photo Mechanic" on the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog and it should bother you no more.

Got it, thanks!

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
I can't recall ever unintentionally closing PM, so I find this safety check quite unnecessary.  Even if one did occasionally shut down PM accidentally, I don't think the savings this dialog box would provide on these rare occasions would be worth the productivity lost clicking on "Yes" each time one wants to close PM.

Haha, I just had to post because the Quit Confirmation dialog was one of my most requested features for years!  ;D  I'm super thankful that Kirk implemented it in a way that can work for everyone.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
I can't recall ever unintentionally closing PM, so I find this safety check quite unnecessary.  Even if one did occasionally shut down PM accidentally, I don't think the savings this dialog box would provide on these rare occasions would be worth the productivity lost clicking on "Yes" each time one wants to close PM.

Haha, I just had to post because the Quit Confirmation dialog was one of my most requested features for years!  ;D  I'm super thankful that Kirk implemented it in a way that can work for everyone.

I too am thankful for this as I've quit quite a few some times accidentally. Especially because with my localized keyboard I have to hit Alt+Q to have @ what is quite easy to mistake with Cmd+Q for quit - not to mention my desktop USB keyboard has Ctrl, Cmd and Alt in a different order than my laptop has...

However I would love to have a similar confirmation option for closing a tab as it is my second most common mistake to hit Cmd+W instead of Cmd+2 or 3 that is right above W and instantly closes the contact sheet. Thank God (aka Kirk and the rest of the Camera Bits team ,-))) PM has an option to open recently closed contact sheet so it is not so hard to reopen them.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com