Author Topic: Edit > Search > new parameters like Category  (Read 4946 times)

Offline djjcarroll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit > Search > new parameters like Category
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
Is it possible to search on parameters not listed in the standard Edit > Search list, in other words, add new parameters to this list?  I would like to search on Category.
Don J J Carroll

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit > Search > new parameters like Category
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:08:47 PM »
Don,

Is it possible to search on parameters not listed in the standard Edit > Search list, in other words, add new parameters to this list?  I would like to search on Category.

No.  Spotlight doesn't index those fields so they can't be searched.  That's why Category, and the Supplemental Category fields are missing, among others.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
And, Kirk, if I am not mistaken, that is exactly what will be possible with the Catalogue system of PM, is it not?
TIA,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
Luiz,

And, Kirk, if I am not mistaken, that is exactly what will be possible with the Catalogue system of PM, is it not?

Yes, you'll be able to search all metadata that PM produces including various EXIF fields that PM knows about.

-Kirk

Offline djjcarroll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »
Thanks Kirk for the quick reply to my search query.  There is one think I like about this Forum and that is, replies to queries are answered very promptly, much appreciated. Anxiously awaiting the catalog system.

Don J J C

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 01:43:04 AM »
Luiz,

Yes, you'll be able to search all metadata that PM produces including various EXIF fields that PM knows about.

-Kirk

Hi, Kirk
You mention EXIF fields that PM knows about. In other words, you say there are other exif info that PM cannot show...it reminds me of an old post of mine in which I said I would like to see in PM all exif info I saw in Canon's proprietary software (DPP), like Picture Style, for instance.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »

Hi, Kirk
You mention EXIF fields that PM knows about. In other words, you say there are other exif info that PM cannot show...it reminds me of an old post of mine in which I said I would like to see in PM all exif info I saw in Canon's proprietary software (DPP), like Picture Style, for instance.

Those pieces of information are in Canon's proprietary 'Maker Note' and are not EXIF data.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply.

-Luiz Muzzi